United Way engages community Health in the following ways:
Focus Areas & Objective
- Mental Health – Individuals experiencing mental health crisis receive appropriate intervention services
- Substance Abuse – Abusers & their families achieve a drug-free lifestyle
- Accessibility – Individuals & families have access to behavioral health treatment
- Implement and/or increase awareness of early screening & intervention services
- Engage family members in supporting & participating in a patient’s care & recovery
- Provide rehabilitative and/or employment opportunities upon release from detention center, treatment programs, etc.
- Implement and/or increase awareness of post-care services
- Increase coordination between health care providers & behavioral health-related community services & supports
- Expand access to behavioral health services through transportation.